The role of families as a social safety net for the elderly is fast eroding; the poor among the elderly have become the most vulnerable sections of society.
Maheshwari Samaj realized that the elders of the society should be given proper care & respect. The need for Old age homes are a necessity in the present day scenario as the younger generation do not have the time or in many cases the resources to meet their needs (like medical expenses, special food etc). Shri Maheshwari Samaj , Jaipur considered the need for the betterment of the senior by way of better physical and mental status. It started Krishana dham Vridhaashram in 2010 in Vidhyadhar Nagar.
This old age home has 10 rooms with full amenities. Other facilities are-
library, indoor games hall, Ayurvedic dispensary, Day care facility, tea, lunch, breakfast etc.Facility of lift will also be provided soon as the construction of lift is in the process.
Satsang & yoga training sessions are held regularly in the premises.
We made sure that all the required level of love & care is given to our elders.
It was realized that youth participation is necessary in the development of active citizenship because it balances young people’s social rights with their responsibilities.
To make sure that all the programs made should be viable enough & reaches to the ground level, many major changes were done for the benefit of Samaj. The most important was the involvement of youth and giving them the right to participate in decision making.
I realized that the Policies and programmes designed after consultation with users are more likely to be effective, so the decision was taken with fellow members to cut down the voting age in the Maheshwari Samaj from 21 years to 18 years of age.
I realized that youth participation not only breaks down barriers between adults and young members of the community but also create a greater awareness of youth issues in an organization.
It recognizes their rights to express their opinions, to have their opinions considered in decisions that affect them and to receive and give information and ideas.
Great move indeed!
I always value role of communication between the members of the community & thus initiates the publication of Monthly Magazine and the publication of ‘Sopan’. It is my endeavor to keep alive the communication process between the entire community members.
We the members of Samaj have always tried to maintain good relationship with the officials & professionals as well, so as to connect them with all the classes of our community. It’s because of the team work, hard work & association we at Maheshwari Samaj achieved this much within a short span of 3 years.
I am privileged to have received utmost support from the fellow community members and fortunate enough to have full support & confidence of each and every member of the Samaj.
I take this opportunity to inform all of you that we must avail blog facility to exchange our views/suggestions.
A word ‘community’ can exist only with common understanding, a common tradition, common ideas and common ideals.
Sharing your views & ideas on the blog will surely help for better implementation in the areas of development.
The Maheshwari Samaj of Jaipur has a glorious history, for its contribution in all the spheres of nation building.
The Samaj has not only led its contribution in development of educational institutions but has also played a vital role in social upliftment of the society.
The main aim of the samaj is to promote and impart education and educational services.
The mission is to provide “Excellence in education with development of values and character”.
Moving a step ahead, the samaj started MCCA in the year 2010 and plan to procure land for commencing more professional & technical institutions on subsidized rates from .
My endeavor will remain the same to serve the society with dedication for which your faith & support is requisite.
Since its inception, Maheshwari samaj has maintained a commitment to activities of social interest. Mahehswari Samaj’s working committee put all its effort to extend financial assistance to the weaker sections of the society.
Escalating the limit of assistance given by Samaj
- Financial assistance of Rs 4000/- per month given to the families was increased to Rs. 7000/- per month
- Financial assistance given to helpless widows & physically challenged people was increased from Rs. 1500/- per month to Rs. 1800/- per month
Special concession for community members to avail the facilities of ‘Utsav’ community center
- From 1st April 2009 special discount on the rent of ‘Utsav’ community center was increased from Rs.25% to 40%.
- Concession of 40 % to the community members in the rent of Utensils & Furniture was also started.
Other contributions for the welfare of Society–
- Formation of a committee for the proper functioning of ‘Utsav’ through election.
- Purchase of Land- For ‘Abhinandan’ community center
- Purchase of land near Bagru Industrial area for Higher Technical Educational Instituion at very nominal rates.
- Purchase of 3000 sq.feet land at Pratap Nagar for Hostel & Play ground at 50% price.
No service to mankind is better than opening the minds by providing best education to the future citizens of the country. We at Maheshwari samaj planned to surge ahead by opening the vistas for the higher & better education.
Let’s have a closer look on the accomplishment done by the working committee of the samaj under the guidance of President Bajrang Jakhotia from the year 2008-2011
Inauguration of Maheshwari College Of Commerce & Arts (MCCA)– to facilitate girl education in the area of Pratap Nagar MCCA was established. Apart from B.com & B.A, courses of B.B. A & B.C.A & CPT coaching classes were also started.
- Construction of New Building at MPS Tilak Nagar– construction of underground, ground floor & first floor (partial)
- MHS Tilak Nagar– Grant by government increases manifolds.
- MHS Tilak Nagar got the registry in name of Maheshwari Samaj after 40 years. Which is an great achievement itself.
- Construction of new chemistry lab in the year 2009-10 in MHS
- Co-education started at MPS Pratap Nagar from 2009-10
- MGPS Vidhyadhar Nagar– Construction of auditorium & 10 new classes
- MPS Jawahar Nagar
- In the year 2009-20 new floor of 16000 sq.feet was constructed.
- Construction of few more classes & lift is still going on
- MBV Chaura rasta– Underground parking space at MBV school
- Any where Banking facility for the convenience of parents
- Latest education resources like Smart Classes were started in MPS Jawahar Nagar
Services rendered in Maheshwari Samaj and other societies
- President Shri Maheshwari Samaj 2008-2012
- Active participant since 1975 in Maheshwari Navyuvak Mandal, Jaipur
- Sangathan Mantri (1993-1995), Shri Maheshwari Samaj Jaipur
- Treasurer (education )(1995-98), Shri Maheshwari Samaj Jaipur
- President (1996-98), Mahesh Hospital, Jaipur
- Vice president (education) (2005-2008), Shri Maheshwari Samaj Jaipur
- Chairman Bhawan Samiti, Utsav since 2004-2008
- Vice president (1991- 1999), Shastri Nagar vikas samiti
- Treasurer (1995-96), Jaipur Nagar Nigam samaroh
- Executive member, T.B. hospital Jaipur
- Executive member, Pinjarapol Gaushala, Jaipu
- Ex Executive member- FORTI
- Patron FORTI
- Trustee – Janupoyogi Swastha nidaan kendra
- Trustee – Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital
- Trustee- Rajasthan Swasthya Yog Parishad , Jaipur
- Ex Chairman- RIICO committee for V.K.I. Association
- Trustee – Maheshwari Bhavan Giriraj Seva Trust, Girirajji
Welcome to WordPress.com. After you read this, you should delete and write your own post, with a new title above. Or hit Add New on the left (of the admin dashboard) to start a fresh post.
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can always preview any post or edit it before you share it to the world.